Thursday, July 23, 2009

~No title~ (Coming Soon)

Things to know:
Do not ask an elf for advice, for he will say both yes and no.
None but an elf should ask a gnome for advice, lest old age overtake him.
Speech and song are food and drink for Elves, gold and silver are food and drink for dwarves.
Better to try to outlive an Elf than to change a Dwarf's mind. (Also: Better to try to outlive an Elf than out drink a Dwarf.)
Men are like the grasses on the plains; they bend with the wind but rarely do they break.
Elves are doomed; man makes his fate. (Also: Long is the life of an Elf, but doomed; short is the life of a man, but free.)
The trees, grass, and even the stones remember the Elves.
The night belongs to the Walker, but it was not always so.
Where there is hope, there is life... and need of victuals. (An old Halfling saying.)
One is made wise, yea wiser, through the experience of dusky sorrow more than from the experience of ethereal joy.
Great is the power on the hearts of the greedy of treasure long brooded over by a dragon.
True is prophecy, but more true is human will.
An angry dwarf has the wits of an orc, and the might.
Calling a wizard wise is calling a pond a puddle.
You can judge a creature by his scars. (Orcish proverb; Also: The scars make the man).



Prologue
A long time ago there was a girl born for a purpose that would save two worlds. She was born with the mark Pandora on her back. Afraid her mother had her close friend send her to the other world. Where the disappeared and was never seen again…..Until now....

Elora stood facing the King once again for the third time this week. “ You have been charged with treason on the third degree for stealing a potion from the royal cabinets. I have discussed the matter with Cornelius our potion master. He won’t press charges but will take the offer of you working for him until the Spring Fest which is in one week. Considering that “ The Five Judges” also feel that considering the past troubles you will work in the fields for One month sentence. Is that understood.” His voice rained over the room. All eyes were on me. I felt like a was a piece of meat surrounded by a bunch of lions.
“ My Lord. Thank you for your mercy and kindness.” I said bowing.
“ Mercy and kindness?” he laughed “ I dare say if it were up to me you’d be in our dungeon. But you have favor on our court. You may go.” he pointed at the doors from which I came. “ Council dismissed.” I heard him say as I walked across the floor towards the doors. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Brohn one of the great warriors of the council staring at me. I ignored him as always. Linda my best friend pounced on me like a cat catching a mouse as I waked into the Great Hall. “ So how did it go?” she asked.
“Fine I guess.” annoyed because I really didn’t want to talk to her.
“ That’s it? What punishment did you get?”
“ Well, I have to work in fields again and work with Cornelius the potion master.”
“ That’s awful! He’s so creepy plus he only has one eye.” she pointed out.
“ That’s just folk lour Linda.”
“ Well what ever. I saw Brohn looking at you again.”
“ Aye and?”
“ Well the spring fest is almost here and your eighteen its time for you to find a mate.”
“ Oh, shut up. I’m not going and you know that. Plus he’s courting Lucinda and he doesn’t even know I exist.”
“ Um, he looks at you all the time. I think he knows you exist believe me. Plus he’s Elvin and royal.”
“ I don’t care okay…look I got to go. Besides why would a Elf like a mortal?”
“ You not going to miss the Spring fest this year again. Its in two days and your going whether you like or not!”
“ Sure…bye.” I said running off toward the alley way which was a short cut to my house. I lived the farthest from the city. I hated being crowded in. On the way there I picked up some bread and cheese. It was my Uncle Boal’s favorite food. He wasn’t really my uncle or even related to me but he took me in when I turned up at the steps of the palace one night. I was sentenced to death when they found me the next morning but he asked the King to reconsider considering the mark on my back which only he and the King only know about. Uncle Boal says I shouldn’t talk about the mark for it would bring trouble. But that didn’t stop me from poking around but even then I still didn’t get an answer.
It was almost dark when my small house came into view. It had two bed rooms and a living are bit it was enough for Me and my Uncle. Our only pet was our horse Red. She was elven and came to us one night and never left. Uncle Boal believes it was a ift from the fairies of the Wood but I wasn’t so sure. Suddenly out of no where taking me from my thoughts was a movement to the right me in the brush. As I got closer to investigate a cloak figure jump out from behing a tree and hit me on the side of the head with a club. I fell and watched hazily as the cloaked figure loomed over me andall went black.
รด
Eldrin walked faster up the stairs toward the front door of his Flat which was located above a drug store. It was Mid-night and to be out this late was dangerous especially in Harlesden which is a inner city town in the London Borough of Brent. Something was wrong though as he walked up to the door. It was cracked open and the latch-key under the mat was missing. The door creaked open as he entered. “Hello?” he called out. “ I’m calling the police….If you come out now I’ll reconsider…” he paused a moment but no one answered. Running his hand along the wall he found the light switch and turned it on. Jumping back he screamed. Laying on the floor in a pool of blood was his room mate Adrian. “ Oh my God…” he whispered as he knelt down beside his friend. When he turned him over he made a startling discovery. In the center of his back was an arrow. “ What the Bloody Hell is… but before he could say anything else someone grabbed him from behind and put a rag over his mouth. Frantically he struggled as best he could to get away but the guy was to strong and slowly he drifted out.
The next few hours were all quite confusing for Eldrin as he drifted in and out of consciousness. Nothing made sense. He was put in the back of a van and then taken to a remote area that looked like some sort of park. From there he blacked out again but awoke some time later by a blinding light. He also noticed that he was on the back of a black horse. Looking up he saw the man that had gagged him. He was dressed in a black cloak and unless he was mistaken the man had silver hair and pointed ears. It must be the drugs he thought. The man saw him looking at him at hit him across the head with a something and all went black again.
Light rained down on Elora as she awoke. Her head felt heavy and she was soar all over. Everything was fuzzy when she sat up. As her view came into focus she noticed she was in a cell like room but she wasn’t alone a man laid over in the opposite corner of her. She scrambled over to him as best she could because the shackles her feet were heavy and cut her ankles every time she tried to move around. Shaking him she noticed he had pointed ears. Is he Elvin? she wondered. When the man woke he looked startled and pushed her backwards causing her to hit her head. “ Aiya!” she yelled at him. “Mankoi lle uma tanya?” The man looked at her blankly and confused. That’s when it occurred to her. His clothes were not of her world. They looked different. Who was he she thought. “Lle rangwa amin?” he looked at her still with confusion. She tried again but this time with her peoples language. “ Do you understand me now?” This get a response from the man

No comments:

Post a Comment